The programme is a one-time only grant which acts as a student’s supplementary financial support in circumstances of need. It is not a form of scholarship or intended to be the student’s main source of funding.
- The programme of study must be at the post-secondary or undergraduate level
- The programme of study must be no less than 9 months in duration
- Financial assistance will only be considered for one programme of study which is approved/recognised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the National Training Agency (NTA)
- Awardees are not allowed to transfer approved funding to another programme or academic institution
- Pre-requisite or qualifying courses will not be considered
- Successful awardees would be required to enter into an agreement with the government to work within the territory of Trinidad and Tobago for a period specified upon successful completion of the programme of study
- Any breach in the agreement on the part of the student would result in the grant being converted to a loan
- The Government of Trinidad and Tobago reserves the right to publish the names of applicants selected for financial assistance.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview to validate application information
- The Financial Assistance Selection Committee may request an official of the ministry to conduct a visit to the applicant’s home to verify information
- Submission of an application does not guarantee financial assistance.
Value of Award and Disbursement
- Disbursements of awards may take place in phased payments at the discretion of the Financial Assistance Selection Committee
- Payments may be disbursed directly to the education institution and/or organisation, particularly in instances where the assistance is provided towards the payment of tuition and compulsory fees associated with the programme of study
- Foreign payments may be sent directly to the Trinidad and Tobago overseas missions or wire transferred for disbursement to foreign universities or paid directly to the applicant.