Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Education Towers, No. 5 St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad
News Release October 6, 2020
Guidelines for the Collection of SEA 2020 Results
Results of the Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA) 2020 will be released on Thursday 8th October, 2020. As the country is still observing health and safety protocols outlined by the Ministry of Health, the procedure for collection will be as follows:
- Results will be disseminated from the Ministry of Education, St Vincent Street, Port of Spain to the respective District Offices on the morning of Thursday 8th October, 2020.
- As is standard procedure, Principals will collect the results at District Offices for distribution at their respective schools from 8am.
- Principals will arrange specific periods of time for collection of results from 10a.m. Parents/guardians are asked where possible, to adhere to the schedule given by principals.
- Parents/guardians will also receive the SEA Information Booklet along with the student’s placement slip and performance re This booklet contains frequently asked questions about transfers, querying results, interpreting the Student Performance Report among other concerns. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to read this booklet for answers to many of their questions.
- Congregating in groups on or outside the school compound will not be allowed.
- Only ONE parent/guardian will be permitted onto the school compound with the child to collect results and leave immediately. Opening of results or discussion of results on the school compound is not permitted.
The registration date for each secondary school will be indicated on the placement slip and performance report. Schools will facilitate registration using a mixed method of online and walk-ins. Twenty-two (22) schools will utilize online registration only, forty-four (44) will utilize walk-ins and eighty-nine (89) will utilize a mixed method of both online and walk-in registration.
Parents may contact the assigned secondary school for details using the school’s website or phone number. We will be enforcing the physical distancing and other guidelines as prescribed by the Ministry of Health:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
- Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
- Stay home if you are ill
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
The Ministry of Education understands the excitement associated with SEA results, however, we strongly encourage parents/guardians to adhere to the Ministry’s guidelines to preserve the health and safety of all.
For additional information on registration dates or to view the SEA Information Booklet visit the Ministry’s website at www.moe.gov.tt.