Ministry of Education Logo GovTT Logo

GATE Application Process

How can I apply for GATE funding? 
You must apply for GATE funding via an online GATE Application Form in the GATE e-Service website.

GATE e-Service website: click here


Important Note:
In order to log on to GATE e-Service, you must register for a GATE e-Service ID. Please proceed to register at the following GATE e-Service Registration Centres across the country. Click here for more information. 

You must present original copies of the following documents for identity verification:

  • Birth Certificate
  • National Identification Card OR Passport
  • Deed Poll or Affidavit, (if necessary)
 Do I need to provide any documentation for online GATE application?

You are required to upload the following documents (in softcopy) for online GATE application submission:

  • Birth Certificate with supporting affidavit (if necessary)
  • National Identification Card or Passport (at least one of the two)
  • Marriage / Divorce Certificate (for married / divorce student)
  • Deed Poll / Affidavit (for name change)
  • Latest Grade Slip or Transcript (for continuing student pursuing in the same programme)
  • Acceptance Letter from Institution (for new / continuing student pursuing in new programme)
  • Certificate of the previous Completed Programme (for continuing student pursuing in new programme)
 Important Note for uploads:

Supported File Size: Up to 3MB
Supported File Types: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .tiff, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt.

GATE is administered by the Funding and Grants Administration Division of the Ministry of Education – Tertiary Education Division.


GATE Contact Information

Ministry of Education – Tertiary Education Division
Funding and Grants Administration
#16 Warner Street
St. Augustine
Trinidad W.I.
Tel: (868) 800-GATE (4283) or (868) 633 – 0244