The Distance Learning Secretariat is involved in re-engineering and connecting Learning Access and Human Development to support the development of a Lifelong Learning System in Trinidad and Tobago. The Secretariat is responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of strategies related to distance learning namely:
- Developing standards for Open, Flexible, Distributed and Distance Learning among all Tertiary Level Institutions and other learning providers in the country.
- Promoting awareness of new and emerging knowledge and learning technologies among stakeholders and the public.
- Advising government and international agencies on issues related to new and emerging knowledge and learning technologies.
- Assisting in building and strengthening learning providers to broaden and increase access to learning through technological mediation.
- Promoting human resource development as well as the professional development of educators in distance learning.
- Building relationships and developing linkages through collaboration with local, regional & international professional bodies, agencies and institutions involved in distance learning.
The key objectives of the Distance Learning Secretariat are to:
- Standardize and promote Open and Distance Learning among all providers and the public within Trinidad and Tobago
- Build and strengthen learning providers to broaden and increase access to learning within Trinidad and Tobago
- Advise governments and international agencies on initiatives and issues related to Open and Distance learning in Trinidad and Tobago
Distance Learning Secretariat (DLS)
Ministry of Education
Level 14, Building A
No. 5 St. Vincent Street,
Port of Spain.
Tel: 1(868) 622-2181 (Ext. 2022)