The Human Resource Management Division’s (HRMD) major role is to contribute to individual and organisational success by creating and sustaining a working environment based on performance and leadership; attracting and retaining committed employees who share the Ministry’s values; and ensuring consistency with business objectives. The HRMD consists of the following sections:
The functions of the Primary Section include:
- Ensuring that all primary schools are adequately staffed.
- Awarding scholarships to Assistant Teachers in pursuit of the Bachelor of Education at the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT)
- Deploying Literacy /Numeracy Coaches and Curriculum Writers.
- Receiving and processing application for teachers at the primary school level.
- Schedules and conducts interviews for teachers at the primary school level.
The functions of the Secondary Section include:
- Registration of teachers.
- Processing applications for entry into the Teaching Service at the secondary level.
- Ensuring that all secondary schools are adequately staffed by filling teaching and administrative vacancies in secondary schools.
- Managing the administration of leave, separations and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Conducts Performance Management including the processing of Performance Appraisals and the award of Increments.
Human Resource Management Division
Ministry of Education
Level 7, Building A
No. 5 St. Vincent Street,
Port of Spain.
Phone: 1(868) 622-2181 Exts. 1600-1621 (primary section)
Exts. 1700-1752 (secondary section)